Ramsgate Town Council employs thirteen staff and has sixteen councillors from seven wards; Central Harbour, Eastcliff, Northwood, Nethercourt, Newington, Pegwell and Sir Moses Montefiore.
Ramsgate Town Council has five committees; Amenities & Environment, Finance & General Purposes, Planning & Infrastructure, Radford House & Custom House and Town Promotion, which looks after various business for Ramsgate. In total, these committees meet thirty-three times in a year
Below is a list of services that are provided by Ramsgate Town Council:
Ramsgate Town Council maintains and looks after:
- Statutory responsibility for Allotments – Three sites are owned by Ramsgate Town Council and two are managed on behalf of Thanet District Council.
- Statutory Consultee for Planning Applications from Thanet District Council and Kent County Council.
- Upholds Civic Ceremonial Etiquette.
- The Mayor undertakes civic and ceremonial duties in the town and attends community engagements and represents Ramsgate at civic events outside of the area on behalf of Ramsgate.
- The overseeing body for the Neighbourhood Plan for Ramsgate.
- Ramsgate Fund – To assist community groups with funding for Capital Items.
- Events Fund – To assist event organisers with funding for their events within Ramsgate.
- Market Stalls.
- Deep Street Cleaning.
- Grass Cutting at Nelson Crescent on behalf of Thanet District Council.
- Grass Cutting at Eskdale Avenue roundabout.
- Grass Cutting at Romilly Gardens on behalf of Kent County Council.
- Grass Cutting at Arklow Square.
- Grass Cutting at Dumpton Park Drive.
- Hedge Cutting.
- Reporting Fly-tipped Waste.
- Litter picking.
- Visitor Information Centre – Run by volunteers, who operate in shifts to provide a weekly service.
- Community Ad Magazine – Delivered to 17,000 households within Ramsgate.
- Town Promoter – Contracted by Ramsgate Town Council to promote the area and liaise with businesses.
- Room Bookings at The Custom House – Reduced rates for Charities and Community Groups.
- Councillor Ward Allowance – Each year councillors allocate money that they can give to good causes within Ramsgate.
- Funds Active Ramsgate initiative to promote the Town as a centre of activities, including a marketing executive and a co-ordinator promoting Ramsgate throughout the South-East including London.
- Funds a Rape and Assault counselling service in The Custom House, Ramsgate.
- Funds a Young person counselling service in The Custom House, Ramsgate.
- Funds Citizens Advice Bureau in Plains of Waterloo.
Ramsgate Town Council arranges, organises and helps with:
- Charlotte Court.
- Christmas Lights and Trees.
- Ramsgate Events Organisers Equipment.
- Town Flower Beds.
- Palm Trees.
- Town Website and Social Media.
- The Custom House and Radford House (The Old Fire Station) – Ramsgate Town Council now owns this building, to be developed into a Community Hub.
- Montefiore Woodland – Village Green Status.
- Funds and part owns ‘Ramsgate Rocks’ Booklet.
- Full Council meets 4 times a year and sets policies for the Town Council.
Ramsgate Town Council soon to take over the maintenance from Thanet District Council of:
- Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Armed Forces Day.
- Remembrance Services.
- Funds the New Year’s Eve Events.
- Funds and organises the Christmas Light Switch On Event.
- Civic service – As and when required.
- British Kitesurfing Championships in association with the Active Ramsgate initiative.
- Funds the Ramsgate Illuminations in the Royal Harbour.
- Albert Court.
- Arklow Square.
- Albion Gardens.
- La Belle Alliance Square.
- Wellington Crescent.