/ Town Council
/ Kent Carers Matter campaign launches
A new county-wide campaign to raise the profile of Carers and increase access to services has recently launched and we need your help to promote it to your staff and the public.
1 in 9 adults (151,000 people) in Kent are Carers, looking after a family member, partner, friend or neighbour who due to physical or mental illness, disability, age related difficulties or addiction cannot cope without their support. Being a Carer can be a positive experience but it can also be challenging and exhausting, which can impact on a Carer’s mental and physical health or well-being. Five Carer organisations in Kent (Carers FIRST, Carers’ Support – Ashford, Shepway, Swale, Carers’ Support – Canterbury, Dover & Thanet, Crossroads Care Kent and Involve Kent) have joined together to launch Kent Carers Matters, a county-wide campaign to:
- raise the profile of Carers in Kent
- increase access to Carer services
- support health and social care professionals to identify and refer Carers to services earlier
- provide more opportunities for Carers to engage with and have their say about local and national issues that affect them.
Please help us to promote Kent Carers Matter to your staff and the public by:
- Promoting the campaign website www.kentcarersmatter.co.uk through your internal and external communications channels
- Following us on Facebook – Kent Carers Matter
- Using #kentcarersmatter on Twitter
To find out how you can support Carers in your workforce see www.kentcarersmatter.co.uk/employers