3 November 2020, 9:45AM
The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) at The Custom House is now closed until further notice.
The Ramsgate Town Council offices are closed for the foreseeable future. Staff will be working from home so if members of the public wish to contact the Council they should do so by phone, email or via the website
. The Council will try to work as normal as possible.
Please do not approach the Technicians in the street or elsewhere as we will need their services in the coming weeks.
The Council will continue to be active and working in the community, but like everyone else, how many staff and when they will be available will depend on circumstances beyond our control.
We urge the people of Ramsgate to take all necessary precautions and to follow government guidelines as and when they develop in the coming weeks.
There are things we can all do to help stop viruses like coronavirus spreading:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel, if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- observe social distancing, at least 2 metres apart.
At this stage the guidance you should follow is being issued by health providers. This is regularly updated on the NHS website
, which is the recommended source of information for the public. We would encourage you to familiarise yourself with this advice. We will continue to share NHS guidance on our social media channels.