/ About Ramsgate
/ Accessibility Statement for Ramsgate Town Website
Ramsgate Town Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Ramsgate Town Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Ramsgate Town Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Ramsgate Town Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Ramsgate Town Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Ramsgate Town Website:
- Phone: 01843 598751
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Visitor address: Ramsgate Town Council, The Custom House, Harbour Parade, Ramsgate, CT11 8LP
- Postal address: Ramsgate Town Council, The Custom House, Harbour Parade, Ramsgate, CT11 8LP
- Facebook: @RamsgateTown
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Ramsgate Town Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer IE 7 onwards
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- iOS iPhone and iPad
- Android Phone and Tablet
Ramsgate Town Website is not compatible with:
- browsers older than 4 major versions
- mobile operating systems older than 5 years
Accessibility of Ramsgate Town Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Ramsgate Town Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Ramsgate Town Website:
- Labelling of Links: Some links may not have labelled text to identify the link because the text used for the link clearly identifies where the user is going. All future links have been setup to include labelling. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter an issue.
- Contrasting: Some text may not contrast well on the website because the scheme chosen is too bright. Future content on the website will look to produce darker texted pages. Please send us an email at email@example.com if you encounter an issue.
Ramsgate Town Council assessed the accessibility of Ramsgate Town Website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation
An evaluation report for Ramsgate Town Website is available at:
An evaluation statement for Ramsgate Town Website is available at:
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Ramsgate Town Council
Any complaints should be put in writing to the Town Clerk, by writing to the address above or by sending an email
This statement was created on 3 April 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool