don't read the menu options and go directly to the page content 
Click to view menu Click to search

History and Civic

Home / Town Council / History and Civic
Ramsgate Charter Trustees
Ramsgate received its royal charter on the 2nd of April 1884. On the 9th June in the same year, 6 Aldermen and 18 councillors met to elect the first Mayor of Ramsgate, Mr. John Kennett of Nethercourt. Sir Moses Montefiore presented the town with the chain of office shortly before this, and on the 7th of July of that year, Messrs. Tomson and Wotton presented the town with the civic mace.
FOLLOW US ON:
Top City 2015
website by Hudson Berkley Reinhart Ltd